The Graphite Electrode Manufacturer China introduces you to the production characteristics of graphite electrodes.
1. The production cycle is long. The production cycle of regular power graphite electrodes is about 45 days, the production cycle of ultra high power graphite electrodes is more than 70 days, and the production period of graphite electrode joints requiring multiple impregnations is longer.
2. High energy consumption. The production of 1t regular power graphite electrode requires about 6000kW·h of electricity, thousands of cubic meters of gas or natural gas, and about 1t of metallurgical coke and metallurgical coke.
3. There are many production processes. The production process includes raw material calcination, crushing milling, compounding, kneading, forming, roasting, impregnation, graphitization, and mechanical processing. Its production requires many special mechanical equipments and special structure of the kiln, the construction investment is large, and the investment recovery period is longer.
4. The production process produces a certain amount of dust and harmful gas, need to take a complete ventilation dust removal and elimination of harmful gas environmental protection measures.
5. The carbonaceous raw materials required for production, such as petroleum coke and coal tar pitch, are production and processing by-products of refining enterprises and coal chemical enterprises. The quality and stability of raw materials are difficult to be fully guaranteed, especially for the production of high-power and ultra-high-power graphite electrodes. The special impregnating asphalt for coke, modified electrode asphalt, and low quinoline insoluble content are in urgent need of the attention and active cooperation of China's petroleum and coal chemical processing enterprises.